A workshop for whatever people!
For 4 days this workshop will offer a full range of practical applications on LEDs and video MAPPING using MadMapper, a software from GarageCube and 1024 architecture.
PRACTICAL INFORMATIONS :
Date and time : from sunday May 5th to wednesday 8th, from 2pm to 8pm (and the night of May 8th)
Venue : Fonderie Kugler
Tired of boring presentations ?
Tired of boring programs ?
Tired of boring complicated hardware ?
Apply for the whatever workshop !
- A minimum knowledge in the field of video installation and/or video performance and/or motion design
- You will need to bring your own mac laptop with at least Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) installed.
- A VGA adapter.
- No moustache please.
- MadMapper is Modul8-friendly, so bring your video loops as well.
- Dualhead2Go or Triplehead2Go
What we will provide:
- A meal per day (not dog food).
- Good energy and humor.
- Free haircut.
- How to use MadMapper including a detailed view of all functions.
- Use of MadMapper with other softwares.
- Introduction to the principles of LED mapping with MadMapper (DMX / Artnet) and practice.
- Control Multiple Video Outputs.
- Set-up and control light and video at the same time.
WORKSHOP ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
Here's a list of the amazing additional activities our team of instructors will propose to you:
- Video Mapping on chaotic surfaces, using the latest multi-output feature of MadMapper.
- LED's construction and hardware setup conference.
- Cocktail machine: how to convert a video to a drinkable cocktail.
- Multi-touch surfaces control using laser technology.
- An architectural installation.
- Party including practice on LED's and multi-output video mapping.
François and Pier - 1024 architecture (MadMapper creators)
Boris from GarageCube - (Modul8 and MadMapper creator)
Quentin Berthet - (the Mapping Festival's ultimate hero)
Alain Crevoisier - Futur instrument
Joanie Lemercier - Anti VJ
Coder's - GarageCube
Due to the limited amount of space in the Kugler factory, we require interested participants to send us a request via email. Please include the following:
- First & last name,
- Samples of your work (vimeo/youtube links or jpegs – under 500k)
- A link to your personal website
- A photo of whatever
PRICES : chf 400.-, includes: a free MadMapper or Modul8 software license, food, basic drinks, a t-shirt and panty.
Controlling led strips from Madmapper tutorial: http://www.madmapper.com/controlling-led-strips-from-madmapper/